Dear parents of third grade students,
We’re getting close to wrapping up the school year. How time flies… Here are a few things to know:
- Spelling test this Thursday (No school Friday)
- The book report assigned last Monday is due this Thursday. Mrs. Santibanez has been helping the students out and many students have already turned theirs in!
- I have scheduled a time to have the students sing a few songs and interact with the residents at a nearby retirement center, Meadow Creek Village. I will need at least three chaperones to drive us there and back on Tuesday, June 5th, from 12:15 to 1:30 pm. Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested in driving and being a chaperone. You will need to have the proper background checks and paper work completed. Mrs. Hettwer plans to join us for this event.
- Thank you for continuing to encourage your child to reach their A.R. goal for this semester. There’s still time to check out books from the library before it closes for the school year.
- Several students have passed the four- minute timed multiplication test and secured their position in the special math group with Mr. Lynch. Congratulations! We will continue taking the timed tests each week. An ice cream sundae party is planned for those who pass these tests by the end of the year. Practice, practice, practice…
- I will be sending home permission slips for the June 1rst after school party next week, as well as for the trip to the retirement center.
- Please join us on Wednesday for the last school mass we will be assisting this year.
- The Jog-a-thon is this Thursday. Please have your child bring in all their pledges.
Blessings to you and your family,